Diaper rash cause and remedies for newborn. This article shares the cause and home remedies for baby rash. This is a common form of irritated skin (dermatitis) that looks like patches of inflamed skin on your baby’s bottom.
It’s often related to wet or infrequently changed diapers, skin sensitivity, and chafing. It usually affects babies, though anyone who wears a diaper regularly can develop the condition
Diaper Rash Cause and Remedies for Newborn
When your newborn starts crying the parenting mode sets in to stop the pain. Parents are the first line of defense.
Zinc oxide is the active ingredient in many diaper rash products. Such products are usually applied to the rash throughout the day to soothe and protect babies’ skin. It doesn’t take much – a thin covering will do.
Newborn Diaper Rash – Questions
It is important to have information to best resolve your newborn’s baby rash. The following are some questions to browse when it comes to taking you baby to the doctor:
What is the most likely cause of my baby’s rash?
What are other possible causes?
When should I use an ointment or paste instead of a cream or lotion?
What can I do to help my baby’s skin heal?
What diaper ointments, pastes, creams or lotions would you recommend for my baby?
Do you suggest any other treatments?
What products or ingredients should I avoid using with my baby?
Should I avoid exposing my baby to certain foods, either through breast milk or through my baby’s diet?
How soon do you expect my baby’s symptoms to improve?
What can I do to prevent this condition from recurring?
Is the rash a sign of some other internal problem?
Diaper Rash Cream for Newborn Babies
Calendula based nappy change cream helps protect and nourish the skin, supporting its natural functions.
Clear Up Painful Diaper Rash: When painful diaper rash on babies’ sensitive skin shows, some crying can occur. Leaf & Tree created a natural yet powerful ointment that absorbs quickly to alleviate pain while moisturizing baby’s skin to bring about clear, rash free skin!
Made with natural and organic ingredients to nurture and moisturize your babies skin without harsh chemicals or harmful synthetic ingredients. Great as a super gentle and natural nipple cream.
Diaper Rash Home Remedies
Diaper rashes are quite common in babies. Almost every baby experience it and they are characterized by red splotches and scales in the genital area. Buttocks and other diaper areas although it is common it requires treatment to prevent it from getting worse.
The causes of diaper rashes
- skin rubbing against the diaper
- leaving on a dirty diaper for too long
- Yeast infections
- Bacterial infection
- Common irritants like wipes, soaps etc
Here are 9 natural ways to help a newborn baby with diaper rashes
- Coconut oil it is known for its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties it is one of the most effective home remedies
- Oatmeal baths -This is a tried and tested remedy for diaper rash is babies oatmeal baths provide relief from pain
- Breast milk – yes surprisingly breast milk too is an effective remedy.
- Plain yogurt can be used to treat the rashes and reduce inflammation
- Aloe Vera if your baby has severe inflammation aloe vera gel can be soothing
- Epsom salt is a good remedy as its high magnesium content and anti-inflammatory properties help the rashes
- Baking soda it helps balance pH levels and removes the unwanted bacteria and fungi from your baby’s skin
- Keep their diaper clean is one of the easiest ways to prevent diaper rash. Making sure your baby doesn’t stay in a dirty diaper for too long
- Give your child diaper free time. The air circulation will help your baby’s rashes.
When to consult a doctor for diaper rashes
Diaper rash in newborns will usually heal and disappear in a few days. Take your child to the doctor if you notice the following:
- fever blisters are persistent
- rash swelling first try out the home
- gets worse or your child falls sick
Parents are the first line of support for your newborn. Know the tricks of the trade will make a difference.
Searches related to diaper rash cause and remedies for newborn
how to get rid of a diaper rash in 24 hours
diaper rash treatment
types of diaper rash pictures
home remedies for baby rash on body
best diaper rash treatment
antifungal cream for diaper rash
diaper rash blisters treatment
diaper rash types